Monday, February 19, 2007

Not out of the woods...

Well, I didn't stay up late enough to get this, which was sent in the wee hours of the morning; ("today" refers to Sunday).

Thank you Amy and Rosa for quickly getting emails out for extra prayers tonight. And thank you Russ for praying with me over the phone as I was driving back to the hospital. And as always, thank you all for all of your generous prayers. Tonight’s seizure was very very scary. Because this morning they had removed the drain-tubes there was a possibility of bleeding. When the seizure occurred tonight, they stopped it and immediately did a CAT scan, and thank God it didn’t show brain swelling or hemorrhage. They think that a drop in her sodium may have caused the seizure. An MRI is scheduled for tomorrow at 9:30 AM. This MRI will give them more information on how everything is, and it will also tell them if the tumor is completely gone. Today Sophia was asleep most of the time. There are a lot of “unknowns” at this point about her brain functions, vision, etc. Please continue praying for Sophia, her doctors and nurses and for Scott and Veronica. They are both getting very little sleep; they are very tired and of course worried. Tonight was very very hard for them. Please keep them in your prayers. God bless each and every one of you. Daniela Ysursa


Lord, in your generous and merciful hands we place our trust.

4 comments:

  1. that is sad.I am only 15 myself so that sad to hear stuff like that happpening to young kids but,I am praying for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers continue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll ask my Confirmation Group tonight to say a prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless, and I am praying too.

    ReplyDelete