Wednesday, July 16, 2008

He Calls, he answers.


From Goal.com:

"New England Revolution defender [26 year old] Chase Hilgenbrinck has left the MLS[occer] club to pursue a career in the ministry. He will enter a Catholic seminary in Maryland. 'After years of discernment, I feel strongly that the Lord has called me to become a priest in the Catholic Church,' Hilgenbrinck said in a statement released by the team."

"Playing professional soccer has been my passion for a long time and I feel blessed to have successfully lived out this dream. My passion now is to do the will of God, which is wanting only what He wants for me. Though I will miss the game of soccer, I know that I am moving on to something much greater."
[Chase Hilgenbrinck will enter the orthodox seminary at Mount St Mary's Seminary at Mount St. Mary's University at Emmitsburg, Maryland].

No comments:

Post a Comment