Monday, September 22, 2008

New crucifix

Here's a picture of the new crucifix at Our Lady of the Valley in Caldwell. Click image for full size view.




O eternal Father!
Could it be that Your Son failed to do someting to please you?
Has He not fulfilled everything?
Alas Lord, who has dared to make this petition in the name of all? When this sovereign Judge sees how bold I am, it may well move Him to anger, as would be right and just. But behold, Lord, You are a God of mercy; have mercy upon this poor sinner, this meserable worm who is so bold with You. Behold my desires, myGod, and the tears with which I beg this of You; forget my sins, for Your name's sake, and have pity on all these souls who are being lost, and help Your Church"

(Theresa of Jesus, Way I-3, quoted in Divine Intimacy, #317, Zeal for Souls)

No comments:

Post a Comment