Saturday, January 13, 2007

New title

A certain faction in the LPC doesn't want us to use T.O.P., finding that somehow unacceptable, and strangely, insisting on conformty! To those who oppose different titles for different ministries/orders because they think it denotes one as better than the other, and do not have a sense of their equal dignity as children of God, perhaps therapy is the answer.

I found another title; how's this?


Milord Earl Mark the Disheveled Subversive of Giggleswick on the Naze
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title


thanks Theocoid!

4 comments:

  1. The disheveled subversive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! That's you to a tee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, just to put in my $0.02: personally, I prefer "OPL." I am a chauvinist for English in most things, but I feel obliged to rise to the defense of beseiged Latin in Church matters, and OPL is from the Latin (whereas TOP, as I understand it, is from the English). Given the choice, I would much prefer to call myself "Anita, Esq., OPL" than "Anita, Esq., TOP." On the other hand, if somebody wants to use TOP, I can't think of a legitimate reason to prohibit him from doing so.

    Other changes that are called for are pure baloney, serve no compelling interest, and are the product of our limp-wristed age. In particular, this drive to secularize titles is nuts. Mark is the PRIOR of our chapter, not the "moderator." We are Dominicans, not a committee of bureaucrats. Dominicans, by definition, are not pansies!

    So there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark, when are you going to put your Peculiar Aristocratic Title in the sidebar? It's so you! (Except I don't think you're altogether disheveled.)

    ReplyDelete