Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thy will be done...

This just in from Lay Dominican members of the chapter, Bill and Ruth, who write:



Robertson soap opera update...
Have been dreaming of my mini-vacation for literally months. Five days was all I asked. Was finally going to see Northern Idaho. NOT.

Supposed to leave Wednesday. Monday I got the trailer cleaned and packed. Monday night Bill stepped back to let the dog in through the screen door and stepped off the porch. Two broken ribs. Doctor has ordered complete rest and no travel for one week.

Well there's always next year.

People say the Lord should let them know what He wants. In my case it seems like He often yells at us; we are the ones who don't listen.

I plan a trip.
Bill injures his foot.
I still plan a trip.
I get put in the hospital.
I am determined. I WILL go on the trip.
James pulls his back. Trips to the chiropractor, extra demands, the kids desperate.
I WILL GO ON THE TRIP NO MATTER WHAT.
Barbie breaks a tooth. Take her to the clinic so she can get advanced student work.
I - WILL - GO - ON - THIS - TRIP - COME - HECK - OR - HIGH - WATER.
Bill goes to get the trailer. Two flat tires. Two hours of intense work on his part to get it fixed.
LA, LA, LA! I WILL NOT LISTEN TO YOU GOD! I HAVE MY FINGERS IN MY EARS! I AM GOING ON THIS TRIP.
I clean and pack the trailer.
Bill falls off the front porch and breaks two ribs.
*sigh*
Ok, God, I got it. You are desperately trying to protect us from something on that trip. We are not supposed to go. Thank you.
I wanted a big red ball for my birthday and got it. I tried to play with my big red ball. My big red ball bounced into the street and you won't let me go there. I may pout and cry, like all children, but I do understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment