Monday, October 06, 2008

Watching my step



This is the Coeur d'Alene Salamander, which lives in northern Idaho (and Western Montana).

So what was it doing, going down my hall at 2am in the morning? and I didn't have slippers on, I shudder to think of what it would have been like had I stepped...

--Edited 10/21/08--

Received following identification from John Larsen PhD, University of Washington:

The salamander in this excellent photo, from the location collected, appears to be the Long-toed Salamander (Ambystoma macrodactylum), probably the northern subspecies (krausei).

I live within the range of the long-toed salamander, so mystery turned out to be an error in identification. Lesson? restoration of Christian unity means letting go of errors; pride is the obstacle.

No comments:

Post a Comment