Wednesday, April 16, 2008

35 years ago: clicking into place



In 1973 I opened a tropical fish store in Boise; I had tropical, salt water, and pond fish. One of my customers was a doctor who used to come in with his kids. From time to time I'd go to his house to deliver a special order of live fish. for those who don't know, to transport live fish, you put them in a large plastic bag, inflate it with air, and tie it off with a rubber band. On receipt, you float the bag in the receiving water until the temperature equalizes, then you release the fish into the new environment. The living creatures must be transported carefully, temperature deviation alone will kill them.



How ironic to learn that while I was caring for these helpless creatures, this customer was embarking on a path of destroying helpless babies in their mother's womb, and that his son who used to run around my fish store would follow in his steps learning and practicing that same gruesome trade. I never treated my fish like that, and my prayers ever since I learned of your trade, Dr. Weyhrich, have been for your conversion; father and son.


I obscured the image for the squeamish, click to see it. Picture courtesy of choicenazi.com

No comments:

Post a Comment