Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Request for assistance

Ingrid was a dear friend of my wife, Gwen McGarvey OPL. Running this TNT marathon is a tribute to the power of a loving heart which sought to be conformed to our gracious Lord Jesus Christ, and sought with charity the conversion of all those who had passed through her life; so I am posting this for your consideration. Forgive me for this indulgence, for it is a strong witness that love is stronger than death.



June 28, 2007

Dear Family, Friends and New Friends,

I am going to run a marathon in Gwen McGarvey’s memory to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Gwen and I worked together at the Idaho Department of Water Resources – many years ago – and maintained our friendship over the years. Gwen was diagnosed with a very rare, highly aggressive and always fatal leukemia on her birthday in 2001 and just a few years (2004) later she passed from this life. I miss her.

I joined a program called Team in Training (TNT) - which is the most successful fundraising program for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. This is the world’s largest, non-profit organization dedicated to finding cures for leukemia, lymphoma and other blood-related cancers as well as improving the quality of life for patients and families.

This October 21st I will participate in the Nike Women’s Marathon in San Francisco and I have made a personal commitment to raise $3,800 (75% of all donations go directly to research or education). I need your help to meet this goal!! I encourage you to make a contribution – of any size – before August 31.

There are two ways you can donate:
• Go to the Team in Training secure web site (quick and easy to do; you can also print a receipt):
http://www.active.com/donate/tntidmo/tntidmoISather
• Mail me a check (see address below), payable to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Thanks for making a difference in the lives of people who have leukemia/lymphoma and their families. Call or email if you have any questions. Thanks again.

Ingrid Sather
1428 E. State Street
Boise, ID 83712
208-869-6693
elvesetter AT yahoo DOT com

No comments:

Post a Comment