Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A day...

Today was my second day back at work after being off for three weeks due to pneumonia. Glad to say I'm improving but not quite all there yet!

Today I received a reminder that yesterday marked the 1 year anniversary of the passing of Deanette Pease OPL, whom I met at Lourdes last year while on pilgrimage. Deanette had taken Bl Margaret of Castello's name as her Dominican profession name. While Lourdes did not cure Deanette's cancer, it certainly helped her prepare to meet that part of our family which has gone before us. Ann, who took Deanette on pilgrimage, found my email and contacted me today.

If that wasn't enough for the day, when I got home there was a package from Italy waiting for me. Last month I had written the Dominican Nuns in Italy and requested a first class relic of Bl Margaret for our chapter house and shrine at Homedale. I was told by more than one person it was unlikely that they would send it. Maybe its the prayers of Deanette, Gwen, Jim, Janet, and all our lay Dominican family on the other side?


here's a bit more of a close up.


Yes, the genuine article. Now, I just need to find someone to translate the rather long letter in Italian!

Br Corwin Low OP of the Dominican Studentate was kind enough to translate the letter for me.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Sir: I would gladly translate the letter of the Dominican Nuns for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind offer; One of the Dominican Students provided a translation.

    ReplyDelete