Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Fr. Donoghue update

Bill and Ruth Robertson pass along this update from Fr. Marcellus


Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 1:37 PM
Subject: Fw: Father John Donoghue's condition,,,,URGENT !!!


I just finish talking with Fr. John's sister.

Add to the report below the following update:

---Fr. John had decided to come back to Boise although weak, he was scheduled to travel this Wednesday.

---He got worse and too weak to travel.

---He is holding well at the hospital.

---Hopefully, then, from the hospital he will be taken to a nursing facility for two weeks minimum to see if he gains some strength and can travel back to Boise.


Fr. Marcellus


I confess that in my selfishness I too pray that the Lord for the time being deny Father Donoghue his well earned rest; I am sure he would rather be at home with the Lord, but with good cheer he will continue to work in the Lord's vineyard as long as he draws breath.

Taste and see that the Lord is good - Fr. Donoghue is a man who makes it clear that he has seen, he has tasted, and yes, the Lord is good; very good.

1 comment:

  1. I confess that in my selfishness I too pray that the Lord for the time being deny Father Donoghue his well earned rest

    Me too.

    ReplyDelete